President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the President of the United Arab Emirates, Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, in Abu Dhabi, have finalized a historic agreement that has resulted in the immediate cessation of the visa ban placed on Nigerian travelers.
As part of the discussions President Bola Tinubu had with UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the following agreements have been reached:
1. Immediate lifting of the visa ban placed on Nigerian travelers by the UAE.
2. Resumption of flight schedules into and out of Nigeria by Etihad Airlines and Emirates Airlines, without any immediate payment required from the Nigerian government.
3. An agreed framework for new investments worth several billions of U.S. dollars into the Nigerian economy by the UAE government, covering multiple sectors including defense and agriculture.
4. A joint, new foreign exchange liquidity programme between Nigeria and the UAE, details of which will be announced in the coming weeks.
5. A commitment to normalize and enhance the relations between the two countries, fostered by the collaboration between myself and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.